Typical Injuries that Occur in a Slip and Fall Accident
Several injuries can occur as a result of slip and fall accidents. These include:
- Bruising and scrapes
- Broken bones or fractures
- Herniated disks
- Spinal cord and neck injuries
- Knee injuries
- Head trauma and brain injury
- Wrongful death
The lifelong impact of these injuries can be devastating, and you need an experienced Oklahoma slip and fall lawyer to get you the compensation you deserve.
Common Causes of Slip and Falls
The local slip and fall attorneys at McIntyre Law routinely handle cases where substantial injury has occurs. These can happen at restaurants, stores, theaters, hotels, workplaces, private homes, or elsewhere. The causes of these injuries could be due to, but are not limited to:
- Icy walkways
- Wet/slippery floors
- Poor lighting and decreased visibility
- Cluttered floors and walkways
- Sidewalk or parking lot potholes
- Damaged staircases
- Lack of handrails
- Broken/warped floorboards
At McIntyre Law in Oklahoma City, we have an experienced team of local slip and fall attorneys ready to assist you through every aspect of your claim. We will make sure the insurance company fairly compensates you for any injuries you have suffered.
How do I know I’m eligible for a slip & fall lawsuit?
To file an Oklahoma slip and fall lawsuit, the owner of the establishment where the slip and fall occurred must have:
- caused a dangerous situation by their negligence,
- knew that it was a problem and disregarded it, and
- should have known the potentially dangerous outcomes (like a slip and fall) from it.
In an Oklahoma slip and fall claim, the owner of the establishment has a duty to maintain the premises and make it safe for their guests, visitors and customers. Specifically, the duty includes keeping the premises safe from known dangers or other conditions that may cause injuries to people who have been invited or granted permission to be on the property. In Oklahoma, the standard for slip and fall lawsuit is whether a reasonable person would have seen and appreciated the danger.
What is a contingency fee?
When a lawyer works on a “contingency fee” basis, they’re agreeing to accept a fixed percentage of any monetary rewards from your lawsuit to cover their legal fees. If there are no rewards from your slip and fall case, you don’t pay the lawyer. We get paid if, and only if, you do.
What to do after you’ve experienced a slip & fall
After a slip and fall occurs, taking action with urgency is key. The following are the next steps we recommend taking:
- Seek immediate medical help. If a fall occurs and results in a serious injury, seek emergency medical help as soon as possible. Calling 911 will ensure that your injury is treated immediately.
- Report the incident. If the establishment where you experienced a slip and fall wants to file an incident report for their records, do so. This can help your Oklahoma slip and fall claim, as long as you include all important information in the report, with no embellishment or exaggeration. Take pictures of the site where the fall happened, if possible.
- Record witnesses. If there were others around you when you fell, collect their information so that you may use their account of the fall as a witness.
- See a doctor. If you did not immediately feel symptoms from your slip and fall, that doesn’t necessarily mean that you did not sustain injuries. Some slip and fall injuries, like a traumatic brain injury, can take longer to show.
- Do not post to social media. Making your case public on social media can have negative effects on your Oklahoma slip and fall claim, especially if you downplay your symptoms to assure your friends that you are “okay”.
- Contact McIntyre Law. Our Oklahoma slip and fall attorneys can help start your lawsuit today. The exceptional level of experience and personal care can make a difference in the outcome of your Oklahoma slip and fall claim. Contact us today.
Why choose McIntyre Law as your Oklahoman slip and fall lawyer?
Honesty, hard work, and compassion are the hallmarks of our law firm. We strive to provide the best legal representation to slip and fall victims, while adhering to a strict code of ethics. We pledge to keep the victims best interests at heart as we work to make the legal process as painless as possible for the injured and their family. At McIntyre Law, you will get the full attention of our Oklahoma slip and fall lawyers and have unabated access to our Oklahoma City and Tulsa lawyers at any time.
Meet our Slip and Fall Attorneys
If you've suffered slip and fall injuries due to the negligence of others, contact us today for a free consultation.
What areas of Oklahoma does McIntyre Law practice in?
The Oklahoma slip and fall attorneys in our office routinely handle cases throughout the entire state of Oklahoma. Our client representation covers cities such as:
- Oklahoma City
- Midwest City
We work in counties including Oklahoma County, Tulsa County, Payne County, Cleveland and McCurtain County. No matter where you are in the state of Oklahoma, our slip and fall lawyers stand ready to help you.