After the horrific and tragic events of yesterday and Sunday, many across the state are still reeling from the loss of lives, loved ones, and homes. Communities are in shambles, and those of us lucky enough to not have been directly affected by the tornado likely know many that were. Today we’re going to use this space to offer resources for those who have been affected, and those who are looking to help.
McIntyre Law offices will be accepting drop-off donations as a Red Cross donation point.
If you are looking for a loved one:
- The Moore Tornado Facebook page offers people a chance to post about people lost or found, and reconnect with loved ones.
- You can also register or search the Safe and Well listings on The Red Cross.
If you are looking for shelter:
The Red Cross has a search tool to locate the closest American Red Cross shelter. The information is updated every 30 minutes. KFOR-TV also has a list of facilities open to tornado victims, available shelters include:
- University of Oklahoma – student housing (Norman)
- Oklahoma Baptist University – student housing (Shawnee)
- Graceway Baptist Church, located 1100 S.W. 104th in Oklahoma City
- Oakcrest Church of Christ, located at 1111 S.W. 89th Street in Moore
- Victory Church, located 4300 North MacArthur in Oklahoma City
- Journey Church in Norman I-35 and Tecumseh Road
- Fifth Street Missionary Baptist Church, located at 801 N.E. Fifth St. Oklahoma City
- St. Andrews Church, located at S.W. 119th and May
- Trinity Church of the Nazarene, located at 7301 S. Walker, north side of I-240
If you are looking for a lost pet:
Lost and displaced animals are currently being taken in by the Animal Resource Center at 7949 S. I-35 Service Road (405) 604-2982. The Pet Food Pantry of OKC is offering pet supplies to those in need.
If you are looking to help:
- The Oklahoma Red Cross is asking people to donate by texting Red Cross to 90999. This will automatically donate $10 towards the purchase of needed supplies to help families. You can also visit redcross.org/okc to donate. Checks can be made out to the American Red Cross (with specification that the money go toward the Central and Western Oklahoma Region), and mailed to McIntyre Law, P.C. at 8601 South Western Ave. Oklahoma City, OK 73139.
- The Salvation Army is also accepting donations by text (“storm” to 80888 will donate $10), or you can donate to the Salvation Army online.
- Feed The Children is accepting donations of relief supplies from the public today from 8:30- 4:30 p.m. at McCormick Distriubtion Center, 29 N McCormick. Items being accepted: diapers, canned goods, nonperishable food and snack items, water and drinks. You can also make donations online.
- The Regional Food Bank of Oklahoma is accepting text donations as well, text FOOD to 32333 (will donate $10 to relief efforts), or you can donate relief funds online.
- The Moore & Shawnee Tornado Relief Fund is also accepting secure donations online.
Our thoughts and prayers are with the victims.